Drag the line on the map to calculate the driving distance for a different route.
How long is the drive from California to New York? The total driving time is 41 hours, 37 minutes.
Your trip begins in the state of California. It ends in the state of New York.
If you're planning a road trip, you might be interested in seeing the total driving distance from California to New York.
You can also calculate the cost to drive from California to New York based on current local gas prices and an estimate of your car's best gas mileage.
If you're meeting a friend, you might be interested in finding the city that is halfway between California and New York.
Planning to fly a plane instead? You might be more interested in calculating the flight time from California to New York.
To some a cross-country road trip from California to New York can be a huge challenge. To others, driving from California to New York or vice versa, is a great adventure and a trip written on their travel bucket list.
This road trip can be done in 4 days with 3 nights. Or carve out time to explore America from coast to coast for 10 days or longer. Here are 9 tips to help you plan your trip:
1. Plan the number of days on the road.
2. Download Travelmath's app to your smartphone. And use Travelmath's calculators for driving distance, driving time, stopping points, hotels in the area, cost of driving and major cities.
3. Pre-book your accommodation if you are traveling during peak season.
4. Are you renting or bringing your own vehicle? Get your vehicle checked by a qualified mechanic before the trip.
5. Download a weather app and stay tune to the local weather especially during winter season and the hot summer.
6. Research on cities, stopovers, attractions and scenic stops.
7. Join a roadside assistance program like AAA or Better World Club.
8. Pack snacks, bottled water, blankets, comfortable clothing, extra tires, cash for tolls, flashlights, batteries, phone charger and good music.
9. Drive safely, obey all traffic rules and have fun.
Travelmath helps you find the driving time based on actual directions for your road trip. You can find out how long it will take to drive between any two cities, airports, states, countries, or zip codes. This can also help you plan the best route to travel to your destination. Compare the results with the flight time calculator to see how much longer it might take to drive the distance instead of flying. You can also print out pages with a travel map, or follow the links to use Google Maps or Yahoo Maps.