Drag the line on the map to calculate the driving distance for a different route.
The total driving distance from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Miami, FL is 27 miles or 43 kilometers.
Your trip begins in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It ends in Miami, Florida.
If you are planning a road trip, you might also want to calculate the total driving time from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Miami, FL so you can see when you'll arrive at your destination.
You can also calculate the cost of driving from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Miami, FL based on current local fuel prices and an estimate of your car's best gas mileage.
If you're meeting a friend, you might be interested in finding the city that is halfway between Fort Lauderdale, FL and Miami, FL.
Planning to fly a plane instead? You might be more interested in calculating the straight line distance to fly from Fort Lauderdale, FL to Miami, FL.
Visitors who prefer quieter and cheaper places to stay usually choose in Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami. Miami is less than an hour drive from Fort Lauderdale. Because of the diverse and vast dining options in Miami, most locals and visitors drive into Miami for food.
Where would you go for the best dining experience?
Zagat.com has lists of top 50 best restaurants, kid-friendly restaurants, 10 best food trucks in Miami and more. Here are 5 compiled from Zagat:
1. BC Tacos food truck - offers 10 different tacos with homemade salsas.
2. El Rey de las Fritas food truck and restaurant - Cuban burgers and the original frita topped with crispy shoestring fries.
3. Islas Canarias Restaurant (kid-friendly) - authentic Cuban and Spanish food located in Little Havana since 1977.
4. Station 4 Table+Bar (kid-friendly)- located in South Miami. Serves seafood, pulled pork, meatloaf, steak and more.
5. Joe's Stone Crab - located in South Beach and Miami's most popular restaurant. Of course try the stone crab and key lime pie.
Find out more at zagat.com/miami
Travelmath helps you find driving distances based on actual directions for your road trip. You can get the distance between cities, airports, states, countries, or zip codes to figure out the best route to travel to your destination. Combine this information with the fuel cost tool to find out how much it will cost you to drive the distance, or compare the results to the straight line distance to determine whether it's better to drive or fly. You can print out pages with a travel map, or follow the links to use Google Maps or Yahoo Maps.